Many Windows Phone Users highly anticipated Mango upgrade finally begun. At the beginning, 10% users can upgrade, this number will gradually increase to 98% in the following four weeks. To allow users to check whether their phones can be upgraded, they also produced a “Where’s my phone update?” Page. Once your phone can upgrade, you can connect it to a computer to use the Zune (use Windows Phone 7 Connector on Mac) to complete the upgrade.
So what new functions this upgrade will bring?
- Facebook Places support integrated
- Dynamic Live Tiles for third party developers
- Contacts can be grouped and pinned to homescreen
- Twitter/LinkedIn support
- Windows Live Messenger and Facebook Chat
- Threaded messages and e-mail
- A suite of Bing stuff (Song ID, QR code reader, Album/CD cover identifier, etc.)
- New camera UI
- Internet Explorer 9
- Ringtone management
- Front facing camera support
- Optional, depending on the carrier: Visual voicemail, internet tethering
But this time Microsoft also announced two new features not previously mentioned: Web Marketplace (to allow the desktop browsing applications, and remote install on the phone) and Tethering (to allow sharing of mobile Internet access, sharing devices up to 5 ) .